Since its founding in 1949, Trinity has existed to serve God with joy and to bear witness to God’s transforming love made known in Jesus Christ.
Led by its board of elders and its young pastor, Allison F. Williams, a son of Atlanta’s First Presbyterian Church, Trinity grew quickly. By the time its American Greek Revival Sanctuary was dedicated on June 4, 1955, Trinity counted 1,000 members.
During the next few decades the church flourished, serving a congregation of about 1400 members. The church’s early development rested on strong preaching and teaching, first-rate music, effective children and youth ministries, and mission outreach to the community and world.
In the 1990s, Trinity became one of the leading churches in the Atlanta Presbytery and across the denomination in the addition of new members, baptism of infants and adults, and support of the denomination. Trinity's campus continued to expand with the addition of a new fellowship hall, and additional education wing. In 1991, Joanna M. Adams was called to be Trinity's second senior pastor, making Trinity the largest church in the denomination to call a woman to this office.
In 2001, Trinity once again sought to meet the growing challenge of its 2000-member congregation and expanding mission. An additional education wing, a chapel, and gymnasium were added to the facilities, as well as a greater commitment and funding of mission projects here and abroad.
Dr. Scott Black Johnston was called to be Trinity's third senior pastor in 2003. In 2008 Dr. Black Johnston accepted a call to Fifth Avenue Presbyterian Church and in 2010 the Rev. Pam Driesell became Trinity's fourth senior pastor.
As we look to the future, we invite you to join this community of Christians who love and serve God, neighbor and world.